Sunday, March 1, 2009

Purpose of this Blog

The Book of Mormon starts out with the words "I Nephi, having been born of goodly parents..."

I know that my husband, Larry, was most definitely born of goodly parents. They were remarkable people who worked hard, had strong faith and raised their family well. It has been an honor to be welcomed into their family.

This blog is my way of sharing the records that I have accumulated over the years so that ALL the posterity of Fred & Delma Bennett (or any related / interested others) can access them.

I did not have the opportunity to know Delma well, but I did have many wonderful visits with Fred. Also, I transcribed the stories he wrote of his life history, as well as much of his journal, which gave me a deeper understanding of him. I have tremendous respect for this fine man and miss him very much. I hope that through this blog he can be remembered by those who knew and loved him and introduced to those who never had that chance.

Beyond that, this blog will be a repository for records of Bennett Family genealogy. This is my way to both preserve and share the information and pictures I have. I believe that family relationships are eternal. I am convinced that one day all of our family will be united again. Through learning about the lives of the ancestors that went before we can strengthen our relationships with them and learn from their expreiences.

I am proud to be part of the Bennett family and hope some of the next generations will continue to care about their history.

No comments: